Gardening, one of the most popular backyard activities out there. There are so many reasons people choose to grow a garden in their yard, on their patio, or even on their windowsill. Not only is it a fun and rewarding activity, but it can also be a relaxing hobby or an efficient process for growing your own food.
Whether it’s an indoor plant garden, a backyard vegetable garden, or a brightly blooming flower garden in your front landscape, we have all the articles and information you need for growing and caring for whatever garden type is most interesting to you.
There are lots of different types of gardening methods from hydroponics to raised bed gardening, permaculture, or the recently more popular Mittleider gardening method. Not sure what Mittleider gardening is? These articles are here to help you learn the basics of this gardening method and then get more in-depth with more specifics such as building grow boxes or making your own Mittleider fertilizer.
- Everything You Need to Know About the Mittleider Magic Micro-Nutrient Mix
- 2 Products Put the Mittleider Gardening Method at Your Fingertips
- Best Reason to Build a Mittleider Greenhouse
- Making Your Own Mittleider Garden Fertilizer
- 6 Popular Vegetables to Plant in a Mittleider Garden
- The Mittleider Gardening Method: Answers to All of Your Questions
Flowers, vegetables, trees, bushes – they are all plants. In this section you will find information that is most specific to plant care. From indoor house plants to various types of trees, our plant care guides will help you learn more about the specifics of individual plant species. Find out their lighting needs, watering needs, best climates for growing, and how to treat common problems.
- Syngonium Pink Splash Plant Care – A Beginner's Guide
- Stunning Black Flowers and Plants to Add Drama to Your Garden
- Planting and Caring for Texas Mountain Laurel Trees
- How to Propagate Pothos Plants for a Lush Indoor Garden
- 8 Spectacular Low Light Indoor Trees for a Stylish Home
- An In-Depth Guide to Dracaena Varieties
- Your Best Philodendron Micans Care Guide
- Discover Different Types of Philodendron for Your Home
- A Comprehensive Guide to Growing Tall Succulents for Home and Garden
- Choosing Drought-Tolerant Plants for a Low-Maintenance Summer Garden
- Types of Jade Plants: Best Varieties & Care Tips
- Discover the Beauty of Sansevieria Varieties – A Comprehensive Guide
Growing your own food is a rewarding hobby that can also save you some money. Who doesn’t enjoy harvesting fresh vegetables right out of your own garden and savoring the fruits of your labor? If you’re a beginning vegetable gardener, you have come to the right place. These articles will give you tips on how to grow certain vegetables as well as how care for and maintain your vegetable garden. And when you’re ready to harvest, look for articles on cooking and canning your produce.
- How to Effectively Get Rid of Aphids on Tomato Plants
- Why Are My Cucumber Leaves Turning Yellow and What Should I Do?
- Solving the Mystery of Yellow Spots on Tomato Leaves
- Finding the Best Potting Soil for Vegetables
- Beginner's Guide To Vegetable Gardening
- Vegetable Garden Designs: Square Foot Garden Planner
- Growing Tomatoes from Seeds: A Step-By-Step Guide
- Learn the Tricks to Grow Tasty Carrots in Your Backyard
Flowers may not be as functional as vegetables, but they still provide beauty to the backyard and are just as enjoyable to plant and watch them bloom. Available in an endless array of colors, shapes, and scents there is a flower to satisfy any gardeners personal preference. Our flower guides provide endless information on flower care, choosing the best flowers for your space, the benefits of certain flowers and much more.
- A Guide to Growing Dahlias in Pots: Tips for Vibrant Blooms in Containers
- How to Cultivate the Beautiful Snake Plant Flower: A Guide to Bigger Blooms
- 12 Perennials That Bloom All Summer for a Perfect Garden
- Different Types of Daisies to Add to Your Perennial Garden
- Do Roses Like Coffee Grounds? A Comprehensive Guide
- Best Bell Shaped Flowers to Add Color to Your Garden
- How to Deadhead Salvias for Maximum Bloom!
- Your Guide to Knowing the Best Time to Plant Roses
- Best Guide to Growing Phlox
- How to Care for Mums
- The Best Bulbs to Plant for Early Spring Flowers
- Winterizing the Flower Garden: A Basic Guide
Additional Gardening Information
For more tips and specific information on other gardening methods or guides to caring for a garden, this section might have exactly what you are looking for.
- A Comprehensive Guide to the Best Blueberry Companion Plants
- Growing Hydroponic Tomatoes: Tips for Home Gardeners
- Planning a Garden: Strategies to Maximize Your Garden’s Potential
- Tips for Keeping Your Fall Pumpkins from Rotting
- What Should I Do with All These Fall Leaves?
- Types of Pumpkins – 6 Most Common Types for Fall
- Saving the taste of summer: Freezing your garden produce
- Tips for Picking the Ripest Fruits and Vegetables
- Saving the taste of summer: canning your garden produce
- The Basics of Hydroponic Gardening
- Geeks in the Garden: 9 Cool Gardening Gadgets
- Natural Methods for Keeping Pests Out of Your Garden
- Salad Greens: Your guide to growing lettuce
- Backyard Designs: Small Yard Ideas
- 21 Popular Gifts for Gardeners
- The Best Raised Garden Bed and Planter Kits of 2023
- How to Build a Raised Garden Bed
- Learning, Growing and Having Fun: Gardening with Your Kids